Teach the Teacher!
This is a little slot we have every Friday where a child teaches me something! You will know when it is your child's turn when they arrive home with the bright green folder. We just pull the name out of a hat.
This is the letter and template that go with the folder so you can see what you have to do, although this information is also in the folder.
This week it was Jordan's turn to teach us something new. He did not disappoint! He told us that...
- there are 2000 thunderstorms on Earth every minute.
- Eyelashes live for about 150 days before falling out! I find this quite amazing especially as I don't seem to have found any on the ground!
- A snail can live for up to 3 years. How lovely!
Tune in next week for more amazing facts!
This week Ellie taught us that...
- dinosaurs first appeared 243 million years ago during the triassic period
- the planet earth is not completely spherical, it has a slightly flatter top and bottom!
- Queen Elizabeth 1 was once imprisoned in The Tower of London when she was 21 years old. Four years later she learnt she was to be queen of England while living at Hatfield House.
Thank to Ellie for her interesting facts! Tune in next week for more Teach the Teacher ideas!
This week Julia told us some interesting things! Here are 3 of them. She told us that...
- The Amazon rainforest is the largest rainforest in the world.
- The mariana trench is the deepest part of the ocean. It is also the darkest part!
- Amelia Simmons first invented the cupcake. We owe this lady a lot!
Thank you to Julia for her interesting facts! Tune in next week for more Teach the Teacher!
It was Alexis's turn to sit in the big blue chair and teach us something. Here are 3 of his facts....
- Glow worms have a sticky thread that helps them to catch insects.
- Razor Back Musk turtles are omnivores, which means they eat meat and plants. Alexis told us that he has two of these at home....his is called Timmy and his sister's is called Tina!
- The word alphabet come from the first 2 letters of the Greek alphabet....alpha and beta! When I was at school we had Maths books which were called Alpha and Beta!
Thank you Alexis for your interesting facts!
Adam is the first person this year to tell us some interesting ideas. Although you can do 5 facts I usually just choose 3 of them to go on our page. He told us that......
- 30 volcanoes erupt each day around the world!
- A sneeze can travel up to 100mph
- You can go 10 days without sleep before dying. Please don't try this!
Thank you to Adam for your interesting ideas!
Look out for more TTT next week!